While the global pandemic grounded travel plans for many of us, restrictions are beginning to lift, enabling us to indulge in our wanderlust, and escape for a much-deserved break.
For many couples across the UK, for whom lockdown has added considerable strain to their relationships and even sex lives, this time couldn’t have come soon enough.
Experts from University of Manchester, Nottingham, East Anglia, and London Metropolitan Universityconducted a survey of just under 1000 people in the UK, to uncover whether, and to what extent, personal relationships changed during the first period of lockdown.
Publishing their results in their report,“Life in Lockdown: the impact on inter-personal relationships”, their survey showed that almost one in five respondents who lived with a partner, said their relationship had deteriorated during lockdown.
Holidays offer couples an opportunity to rediscover one another on a romantic and physical level, helping to maintain and strengthen our relationships, an opportunity now more available to us as lockdowns and travel restrictions ease.
So, if you’re looking to reconnect with your partner after a long lockdown, rediscover each other, or explore new territory sexually to break lockdown routines, here are our top tips for how to make your post-lockdown holiday a little cheekier.
- While almost any new environment can help us to recharge and feel refreshed, selecting your destination carefully is essential to setting the tone of your getaway.From romantic locations to cheeky destinations, from Paris to the Maldives, to Amsterdam and beyond, whatever experience you’re looking to have together(and remember that you can be anyone in a new place), there’s somewhere to help make it a reality.
- An equally crucial factor to help make your post-lockdown holiday a little cheekier, or romantic, if that’s more pertinent to your lockdown predicament, is finding the appropriate accommodation. Put in the research and find your perfect post-lockdown holiday hideaway. For couples looking to reconnect, you can find accommodationdedicated todelivering the ultimate romantic experience, with couple’s spa and massage facilities, private pools, hot tubs, jacuzzies, and bathtubs sized to encourage you to jump in together. There are even establishments designed to facilitate your more intimate desires, with rooms designed for all manner of erotic happenings.You might find you have some fun checking these places out online.
- Your planning shouldn’t end at flights and airport transfers. Take the timeto discuss the things you’d like to explore together while you’re away, both intimately and romantically. To make your post-lockdown holiday a little cheekier, take an evening to discuss each of your fantasies, and commit to making them a reality when you’re away. Bonus: It’s bound to be a cheeky night of fun planning.
- If you’ve chosen your destination carefully, you won’t be short of activities outside of the bedroom to occupy yourselves with. For romantic post-lockdown getaways, you should make the most of your setting, with drinks on the beach, fine dining with a view, even a classic skinny dip, and seek out the romantic activities your destination has to offer. For those looking to make your post-lockdown holiday a little cheekier, your destination might even offer a range of ‘adult’ activities to explore, and in typically warm, coastal locations, you could plan to bare it all at a nudist beach, or to each other, around your hotel room/apartment whatever your destination.
- Pack to please each other. Be sure to pack the things you love to see each other dressed in, both inside and outside the bedroom. If budgets allow, surprise each other with some new clothes that help you feel confident and attractive to ensure your post-lockdown holiday succeeds in bringing you closer together, figuratively and literally.
- An easy way to make your post-lockdown holiday a little cheekier,is to pack some new ‘toys’ to explore together. A great way to add something new to your boudoir repertoire, and bound to shake things up, you can shop for toys together online or in person, to ensure both parties are on board and excited by the experience to come. It’s sure to make for a cheeky shopping trip too!For less adventurous couples, packing some massage oil is always a great idea, and a fantastic string to add to your sensual bow.
- Make the most of your facilities and jump in the shower together. Whether you need a post-beach shower, want to wash the city from you before an evening meal, or whether you fancy yourselves a steamy, altogether different kind of shower, take the opportunity to connect and explore one another.
Lift your relationship from its lockdown slump, and refresh, reconnect, and rediscover each otherwith our list of ways to make your post lockdown holiday a little cheekier.
If you have concerns about erectile dysfunction, contact our Doctors for a free online consultation. They’ll discuss the issues you’re experiencing and can prescribe you medically proven medications to help if you need them. These will be delivered discreetly, direct to your door.